Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Seasons Greetings

Good morning, all! It's Cassie and I'm back with another winter card today. I'm so in love with the holiday products that have been release by Mint Owl Studio recently. Let's get to the card! I used Cardinal Greetings, Trim The Trees, and the Christmas Quilt Stencil. Here's the card:



I started by taping my stencil over the card base and applying my VersaMark over it. Then I poured two different colors of embossing powder over the panel. The trick to get them no contaminated with each other is to pour one at a time and put back into their container before starting the next one. Once that was heat embossed and cooled I used my ink blender and Cracked Pistachio ink to add some color behind the embossing. I splattered the background with white paint and water so that it had a little texture. Next I stamped the branch and three ornaments onto some Neenah Solar White cardstock and used my Copics to color them in. I wanted the ornaments to match the whole card so I used grays, reds, and mint.


 Then I took the sentiment "season greetings" and heat embossed that on some black cardstock. I cut it down and applied it to the card front with foam tape.  I drew in lines for the ornaments so it looked like they were hanging from the branches.

That's it for me today! I hope you liked the card. Be sure to check out the other new products that released this month. There's a lot of fun new stamps to use for your holiday cards and projects. Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another card!

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty! I love cracked pistachio - my fave TH color.

    ReplyDelete