Tuesday, October 25, 2016

If It Was My Birthday...

Good morning everyone! It's Cassie back with another card today! I've got a card using the Coffee Craze stamp set and the brand new Snarky Birthday Sentiments stamp set. When my sister read the sentiment that I used today she said it sounded just like me. So of course I had to use it! Here's a look at the card


The card today was really easy to make. I started with a piece of Bristol Smooth cardstock. I've been reaching for this nonstop lately because it blends my Distress Ink so well. It's nearly fool proof-which is awesome. I put down lines of washi tape to create a masked stripe pattern. Then I took the colors Stained Walnut, Picked Raspberry and Spun Sugar and blended the colors onto the cardstock. I spritzed the paper with water to get the splotchy distressed look.
Next I stamped my all time favorite coffee cup stamp onto some more Bristol Smooth cardstock. What I love about this image is that it can be more than just coffee. I'm not a coffee drinker, so I like the versatility there. I used my Distress Inks and a paint brush to color it in. I made it look like one of those cotton candy frappes that you can get from Starbucks so that it would match my color combo. I LOVE those things. Just looking at the card makes me want to go get one! When that was completely dry I heat embossed the "treat yo' self' sentiment onto the cup. It's hard to see because it was embossed with white embossing powder, but in real life it's pretty dang cute.
 
Finally I stamped my sentiment on the bottom, center of the card panel and heat embossed it with gold embossing powder. This sentiment just cracks me up! I love this set because I'm such a sarcastic person, and it fits my personality so well. After that was heat set all that was left to do was to pop the drink onto the card using some foam tape.

I hope you enjoyed the card for today! Who else is going to run out and grab their favorite drink now? I'm thinking a caramel apple spice from Starbucks!! Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you again soon with another card!

3 comments: