Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Party Like It's 1999

Good morning everyone! Welcome back to Mint Owl Studio's blog! It's Cassie here, and I've got a bright, fun card to share today.

Today's card uses mainly the 90s Party Set, but also makes use of the Class Act Set and the Happy Moments Set. Let's take a look at the card and then I'll get into the details!



I started by stamping the cassette tape all over a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 panel. I added the smaller shapes to fill in the open spaces. Then I turned on Netflix and went to town with my Copics! I chose bright, fun colors. Once everything was colored I added the artists to the labels. This was my favorite part! I personalized it, because it is going to a friend I've known forever. Let's just say we have a mutual love of The Backstreet Boys! Once I had that finished I die cut the piece of paper and put together a couple sentiments to create my own.

 This is where the Happy Moments set comes into play. I took the "you make me" sentiment and paired it with the 90s Party sentiment "party like it's 1999." I stamped and colored the pencil from the Class Act set and fussy cut it to put with the paper die.

I popped those up with some foam tape and bam! This fun throw back card was done! I just love putting stamp sets together to make one fun card.

That's all from me today! Be sure to check out the sets I mentioned and see what fun combinations you can come up with!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment