Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Rainbow Everything!

Hi all! It's Cassie here, and I'm so excited because today I'm playing along with the Mint Owl Studio Instagram challenge! For August the theme is rainbow. How fun is that?! Let's take a look at the card.

Ta-da!! I was feeling really summery with the rainbow theme, so I took it one step further and added ice cream. How doesn't see an ice cream cone and think of summer? This was actually a pretty easy card to make if you don't mind coloring. (And if you're not a fan of coloring you could always paper piece to get the rainbow instead!)

To start I took the images I wanted from the Ice Cream, You Scream stamp set as well as the Coffee Craze set and laid them out how I wanted them spaced on the card. There was minimal masking to be done so I just used a sticky note where it was needed. Once everything was stamped I went to work with my Copics. Obviously I started with my red/pinks and went all the way to purple. I kept any of the browns the same color to give it a bit of a cohesive look. The ice cream cone on the far left has drips on it and I wanted them all to have that so I added them with a Copic multiliner and colored them in. I stamped my sentiment and added Glossy Accents to all of the ice cream-and that was it!

I hope you'll play along with this challenge! It's so fun and easy AND  you could win a little somethin' something'! Check out the rules below for more details and I'll see with another card soon!

Rules:
1. Create a card based on the challenge theme.
2. Upload a photo of it to Instagram.  Tag Mint Owl Studio and add the hashtag #moscardchallenge to your post.
3. Look at the other cards with that hashtag and show some love to your fellow card makers!  Let's make this fun!

There is also a prize with each challenge!  One lucky participant will receive a stamp set of their choice.  The winner is random, so all card making skill levels are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment