Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Hello Friend

Good morning, everyone! It's Cassie here, with another fun card using some of the new products from the August release. I'm so excited about this card. Do you ever have an idea for a project that turns out exactly how you hoped? That's how I felt about this card!

Let's take a look at the card!
This card showcases the Birthday Bash and the Banner Sentiments  stamp set. I think these two sets combined are amazing together. As you can see I made a fun scene of balloons using the solid balloon image in Birthday Bash and added the sentiments as if they were printed on the balloons themselves.
I started by grabbing a rainbow of Distress Inks. I picked two colors per balloon. To get them fade from one color the next was a lot easier than it may seem! I pressed the balloon stamp into the first color like you normally would except that I only inked up the left side of the balloon. Then I took the second color and did the same on the right side. I let the colors over lap a little, but it didn't matter if they did too much because of the next step. Once I had one balloon stamped I took a damp brush and mixed the colors on the balloon with water. It helps get rid of any harsh lines and makes the colors blend a bit more. The great thing about this look is that it isn't supposed to be perfect. Imperfections make it cute, so embrace them! 
When the balloons were completely dry I picked some sentiments that fit in the balloon and stamped them in black ink. I added strings to them using a black Copic liner and a T-square ruler. Personally I love the look of completely straight lines here, but you could go crazy and give them curly ribbon too! I added some stitched detail, which you can see better in the picture above, and some black splatters, as well as a black cardstock panel to be put behind the balloon panel. Once that was cone the card was finished!

I hope you liked this card, and that you were maybe inspired to make your own rainbow card. There is still time to enter the August Instagram challenge! That's it for me today, but I'll see you again soon with another card!

No comments:

Post a Comment