Monday, August 15, 2016

Get Whale Soon

Good morning, everyone! It's Cassie here, with another fun card to share with you! Today I'm sharing a card I made with the Best Finfriends stamp set, as well as the Get Well Critters stamp set. I wanted to use the sea creatures to make a fun little scene.

Let's take a look at the card!

 
I started this card the way I start many of my cards. I die cut a panel with my stitched rectangle dies. I like the finished edge look that it gives. Then I took a die with a fun and interesting shape and took the piece it created to make my scene with. On the shape that was die cut I stamped my little (and big!) sea creatures as well as some bubbles and seaweed. Then I colored everything in with Copics. I wanted everything to be nice and bright with lots of color since the rest of the card was so white. When I was finished coloring I added Glossy Accents over the entire colored piece and let it dry over night. Usually Glossy Accents dries pretty fast, but with a piece this big you want to be sure!
 
 

Once I was sure it was dry I attached both the negative and positive of the panel to a card base. The finishing touches were stamping the adorable "get whale soon" sentiment and adding some white dots in the water to look like bubbles.

I love how this looks like you're peering out a submarine window! It's like a look into the ocean. I hope you enjoyed my card today! And I'll see you again soon with another card!

No comments:

Post a Comment