Tuesday, November 8, 2016

All Is Bright

Hello everyone! Welcome back to Mint Owl Studio! It's Cassie, and I've got a fun card using some older and newer sets today. In Minnesota we've been having really warm weather the last couple of weeks, so it makes it difficult to think that winter is right around the corner, but, in spite of that, my card today is a wintery scene.

 Today I made a cute little 4x4 card using a stitched square die. I love making this small card because it can easily be attached to a gift if need be. I die cut a circle border and Distress Inked a piece of Bristol Smooth cardstock that was cut down to fit behind the circle. I used Candied Apple, and splattered water on it to get a bleached snowy background. I wanted it to be even more blizzard-like so I added some dots with my white gel pen. Then I stamped two of the moose image from the I Moose You stamp set, as well as the tree included in the set.
I colored the images in using my Copics and fussy cut them out. A great old trick to use to make your fussy cut images look even better is to run a black marker along the cut edges. It makes the images look like they were cut out perfectly, even if you're like me and struggle to cut out such detailed images! I also die cut a banner from the Mini Banner Die Set and stamped the sentiment 'all is bright' from the Banner Sentiments 2 set in Versamark. I heat embossed white embossing powder onto the banner. I added color to the banner by ink blended Mowed Grass and Forest Moss Distress Inks onto it.
The last touch was to die cut a simple bow to add to the banner. After that all I had to do was to put everything together! That's it for me today. I hope you're all having a great Election Day! I'll see you again soon with another video!

No comments:

Post a Comment