Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Birthday Wishes

Hello, everybody! It's Cassie here, with what is probably one of my last beachy cards for the year. Never say never, but with the cooler weather we've been having I've been gravitating towards my fall and winter sets lately. So, that being said, I thought I'd go out with a bang and do a really fun beach scene!

Let's take a look at the card.
Lately I haven't been able to put down my water colors! I think you'll be seeing a lot more water color or faux water color cards from me in the future. For this card I combined a couple sets. The Birthday Bash set, the Beach Babes set, Best Finfriends set and the Party Pals set. It's so fun t combine these little elements to make just the scene you're looking for.

I started out by water coloring the sky and sand pieces. I used the Mission Gold water color pallet that I bought on Amazon. I'm still getting the hang of it, but I really liked how this turned out! Once the pieces were dry I splattered them, and let them dry completely before using dies to cut sandy hills. I took the pieces I wanted from each stamp set and water colored them as well. To make everything cohesive I splatter each piece that was put on the card. For the cut outs I used white paint only to add the splatter detail.

I fussy cut everything out and laid them out on the card how I wanted them. I love that the boy and the crab look like they are celebrating, or yelling 'surprise!' or something equally as cute! I put the different layers on with foam tape to add some dimension. If you were planning on sending this in the mail I might suggest skipping the foam tape, as it got a little thick in the end.

That's it for my card for today! Are any of you as shocked as I am that summer is over?! I can't believe how fast it went! I hope you all have a great day, and I'll see you again soon with another card :)

No comments:

Post a Comment