Tuesday, July 12, 2016

INTRODUCTION: Happy Moments

Hello! It's Cassie here with a fun card for you :)

Today starts the introductions to our new stamp sets for July!  We are so excited to share the new Happy Moments stamp set.  A great sentiment stamp set is always essential and this one works for so many different occasions!



I am going to be needing a ton of birthday cards coming up, so I was inspired to make one with this set. You could create some really fun patterns with the circle stamps, but today I used them in a different way. You're also getting an extra sneak peek today at a product coming soon to Mint Owl Studio-a die set! :D


This card is a super clean and simple card, and would work for a variety of different recipients! It's always good to have these on hand. I die cut a simple rectangle panel to do all of my work on. I made the candles by using the super sneaky peek die. I cut them out, used ink blending tools and my distress inks to give them fun colors, and inlaid them back into the panel. I used the stitched circle stamp and heat embossed it above each of the candles to make an abstract flame. I also added a little yellow ink inside to make them glow, and a black line for the wick.   
Then, using some VersaMark I stamped the large "happy" stamp and used gold embossing powered over it. I actually did that twice to make it pop a bit more, and to make it very crisp and defined. Next I stamped "wishing you a" and "birthday" above and below the happy.
Here's a close up of the candles. I really love the way this card turned out! I hope you guys do too! Thanks for stopping by to see the card I shared, and keep an eye out for more fun products this week!





No comments:

Post a Comment