Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Game Over!

Hi everyone and happy Tuesday! It's Cassie here, and I've got anther fun card for you. Today I get to showcase the 90s Party stamp set and the Half Tone Stencil from the newest Mint Owl Studio release! This set is such a blast from the past-and I love it!

Here's a look at the card:
I used the Gameboy and "my bad" sentiment to create a fun card that could be used as an apology card or simply a funny 'miss you' card. To start I used an ink blending tool to apply some aqua colored ink to a white stitched panel. Then I cut an inch out of the middle and cut another stitched panel out of a matching pool blue paper. Once those were glued down I started working on the Gameboy image.
I colored the Gameboy in using copics. I hand wrote the "game over" on the screen to go with the "my bad" sentiment. Then I added glossy accents to the screen and any of the buttons. To get my sentiment I heat embossed in silver onto some black card stock and cut it down.
I popped the Gameboy and the sentiment up with some foam adhesive and that was the end of the card! It's kind of simple, but works so well! I can't wait to make more cards with this set!
 
That's all for today! I hope you guys enjoyed this card. If you haven't checked out the newest Mint Owl Studio release yet be sure to do so!
 

1 comment: