Thursday, October 6, 2016

VIDEO Stenciling on Kraft Card Stock featuring the Ice Cream Cone Stencil

Hi there, all!  It's Tara and I hope you're having a fabulous week!  For some reason I feel like it should be Friday today . . . this week is just dragging for me!  But I am glad to hear that it is, in fact, Thursday because that means I have another amazing Mint Owl Studio video for you!!  Check out the fabulous background I created using the Ice Cream Cone stencil!  I also used the Happy Moments and Birthday Bash stamp sets to complete this fun one-layer card. 


For today's project I am using a technique that I picked up from Kristina Werner ages ago when I was just a little stamping baby - stenciling over white pigment ink on kraft card stock.  This is one of those techniques we all love to have in our toolbox because it is super simple but packs a big punch!


I added some masking using my MISTI tool to up the ante with a one-layer card that looks 3D but this stenciling technique could easily be the focal point of your card since it is just so pretty!  All you need to do is stencil first in white pigment ink, then pick up your stencil and shift it ever so slightly in whichever direction you want (I went up and slightly to the right) and then stencil over the white in your colored dye ink.  The white underneath allows the colored ink to really pop and the shift of the stencil provides a fabulous white shadow on one side and dark shadow on the other!  Really fun to play with!


I hope you enjoyed today's project!  I'll see you again soon with more crafty inspiration!  Thanks so much for stopping by!  Bye!

2 comments:

  1. What an adorable card Tara. I love how 3 dimensional this looks. Can you believe I still don't own any stencils?? LOL And they are so cheap! DAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! totally awesome! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete